- Strengthen learners’ competences across a range of disciplines (humanities, culture, contemporary and classical language, sciences, technology and economy) by applying entrepreneurial solutions to concrete challenges.
- Develop skills relevant for the world of work (digital literacy, active citizenship, critical thinking, problem solving , etc.) under the umbrella of 21st century skills.
- Identify sustainable employment possibilities and broaden the career guidance available to unemployed young people.
- Develop partnerships between schools, historical sites and social/economic partners at local level in order to develop the knowledge of learners and promote links with thelabor market.
- Increase attractiveness of local and European monuments for young people.
- Create sustainable methodologies for ensuring that the richness of the past contributes to the social, cultural and economic life of the future.
- Raise learners' awareness of the importance of archaeological sites as part of everyday life by giving citizens the opportunity by examining the relevance of ancient activities in the contemporary world.
- Develop concepts of active citizenship (national and European), sustainability and social coherence through engagement with the history of the sites, their place in the local environment and as markers and continuers of cultural identity.
The project involves mainstream and disadvantaged learners, teachers, school heads, career guidance teachers, local community leaders, unemployed youth and stakeholders in local communities.
- Study of the archaeological sites (humanistic, cultural,scientific, economic, environmental)
- Development of 3D virtual reconstructions of monuments using a Virtual Cultural heritage tool and simulations (EdMondo)
- Creation of teaching scenarios that highlight how archaeological sites can be seen as an inspiration for sustainable development in contemporary societies
- Development of a Knowledge community based on Knowledge Building theory via a specific online platform (KF5)
- Language and Cultural lessons
- Teacher blended seminars
- Virtual enterprise and entrepreneurship activities
- Dissemination activities and impact strategies
-e-learning Seminar on Knowledge Building theory and Knowledge Forum platform
-e-learning Seminar on Virtual Cultural Heritage and EdMondo world
-Seminar on Linguistic and Cultural Heritage and Education for Sustainable Development
-Linguistic modules (Modern Greek, Italian, Catalan/Spanish, ancient Greek, Latin)
-Three pupils’ exchange (Tarragona, Verona, Kalamata)