Ephorate of Antiquities of Messenia
"Gues who I am"
The Educational program "Guess who am I" was presented at the Archaeogical Museum of Messenia for the Students of Lower Secondary School of Thouria and the team of ERASMUS+ "Archaeoschool for the Future". The students discover the use of Mask in the ancient times and created their own masks.
- The project school teams tried to answer/study 4 common questions (in all countries) referring to Education for Sustainable Development principles based on Knowledge Building theory:
- How was ancient society organized (role of theaters – democracy – class taxonomy)
- What was the role of epigraphs (language and content analysis)
- What kind of natural and building material was used, what was the origin of these materials/resources, problems at that time and at present (pollution – waste management etc.)
- Study of a female statue – (focus on dress code and what we can learn from it - for the society, material, accessories etc.)
Our experts' teams supported schools' teams with all the scientific information needed.
- They developed the shared Knowledge community via Knowledge Forum 6 with the results of the study of archaeological sites:
Lecture by expert in class
Verona schools had the opportunity to follow the lecture by Professor Giorgio Chelidonio "Verona: the complexity of everyday landscape" (Palaeolithic Roman Archaeology, Lithic Technology, and Mediterranean).
DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORY OF MARBLES AND STONES
Preparatory seminar for restoration;
Technical workshop for high school students participating in Erasmus + Archaeoschool for the Future
Liceo Fracastoro and Educantato Agli Angeli Verona - Liceo Montanari Verona - IIS Marco Polo Liceo Artistico Venice - RELIEF Prof. Mirella Baldan
SCHOOLS' Progress (2nd year)
During a videoconference between the 6 schools-partners (23/03/2017), school project teams have presented their progress throughout the 2nd year of the project. You can download them:
Schools have implemented several activities in order to support this deeper study:
ESD activity: ''When a picture speaks''
THOURIA Lower Secondary School
EPIGRAPHY Laboratory activity in Maffeiano Museum.
ACTIVITY in class:
Study of "Tanagras" - small female figurines
INS BAIX CAMP in Reus, Catalonia, Spain
Search information about female clothing in archaeohellenic times.
Clothing parade - Everyday life representation
EPAL (Vocational Secondary School) of Messene
EdMondo act play
1st attempt to make video in EdMondo with avatars moving in the ancient theater of Messene.
Thouria Lower Secondary School, Messenia Greece